Want to keep yourself cool in the upcoming summers? Why not try something unique, not just the same ice cream you have eaten since childhood? Why not mix Oreo and ice cream and make Ice Cream Oreo Pie? Sounds delicious, right? You can make it, and of course, it does not need any baking or cooking, just some ingredients and a little effort.
You’ll want to make this dish if you’re always looking for a quick, simple, almost homemade dessert option. Crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter make up the no-bake crust, while ice cream is poured above the base.
Let’s jump right into the Ice Cream Pie with Oreo Crust Recipe.
Ice Cream Pie with Oreo Crust Recipe
With its delectable Oreo pie crust, hot fudge topping, and filling of your favorite ice cream flavors, this ice cream pie is sure to become a new favorite frozen treat. For the ultimate simple dessert that everyone will go wild for, don’t forget to top it with whipped cream or additional hot fudge.
Let’s know the whole Ice Cream Pie with Oreo Crust Recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Freezing: 1 hr 30 mins
- Total: 1 hr 45 mins
- 24-28 oreo cookies
- 6 cups ice cream
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Using a food processor, reduce the Oreos to a coarse powder. Save approximately 2/3 cup of crumbs. In a mixing dish, combine the crumbs with the melted butter.
- Using your fingers, press the buttered crumbs into a pie pan that has been prepped (with baking spray). Put the pie crust in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Place approximately three cups of vanilla ice cream in one mixing dish and another three cups in another.
- With a hand mixer, combine the saved cookie crumbs in one bowl. In the second dish, blend the chocolate syrup using a mixer.
- Keep the ice cream cold by rotating what isn’t in use into the freezer.
- About 3/4 of the Oreo ice cream should be poured into the prepared crust. Return it to the freezer for approximately 30 minutes. Then, add chocolate ice cream on top of the Oreo ice cream layer, followed by chocolate syrup drizzles, and freeze.
- Lastly, remove the remaining Oreo ice cream from the top. Refreeze, then sprinkle with additional Oreo crumbs and small Oreo biscuits for decorating.
- Keep the Oreo Ice Cream Pie covered in the freezer until ready to serve.
How to Store Leftover Ice Cream Pie with Oreo Crust:
When refrozen, leftovers can be stored for up to one week. However, if you store the pie for longer than that, the ice cream will likely form ice crystals as a result of being repeatedly thawed and refrozen.
The Oreo crust may be made up to three months in advance and stored in the freezer. After being filled with ice cream, the pie can be stored in the freezer for up to two months. You should serve ice cream pie cold, straight from the freezer. It can be used for up to two months.
Tips For Ice Cream Pie with Oreo Crust Recipe:
- Ensure that your freezer has space for the ice cream pie and the cups of ice cream as you stack it.
- Cover and place this ice cream pie in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Removing the ice cream pie from the freezer for around 10 minutes is optimal before slicing.
- Before slicing the pie, run your knife under hot water or dunk it in a cup of hot water for a few seconds, then wipe it dry.
This was all about Ice Cream Pie with Oreo Crust Pie. All your family members will love this easy-peasy dessert. Surely, you need to put in some effort, but those efforts will be worth it. With just a few ingredients, you will pull off the best dessert.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!