Having a party at home or getting together with friends and family and can’t figure out what you are going to serve, look no further because you can easily prepare the Jimmy Dean Sausage egg bake casserole, which will serve a whole lot of people. It will be great to serve whenever you want, either for breakfast, brunch, or dinner, as you want.
Don’t know how to make the Jimmy Dean sausage egg bake? Here we are to help with the best Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg Bake recipe. This easy dish yields an astounding eight servings with no effort. So, it is ideal for when you are busy entertaining your guests.
Let’s jump right into the Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg Bake Recipe.
Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg Bake Recipe
Although egg casseroles are perfect for brunch, they may also be served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The leftovers also reheat wonderfully. Overall, this morning’s egg casserole is a scrumptious and satisfying dish for any time of day.
Let’s know the whole process so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Cook: 1 hr 5 mins
- Total: 1hr 20 mins
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Pack Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3 cups milk
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ½ cup thin-sliced green onion
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. (165 degrees C). Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sauté sausage in a large pan over medium-high heat, turning regularly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until well cooked and no longer pink. Take the pan off the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, dry mustard, and salt.
- Place equally one-half of the bread into the prepared dish. Add one-half of the sausage, one-half of the cheese, one-half of the tomato, one-half of the mushroom, one-half of the green onion, and one-half of the black pepper.
- Repeat layering once more. Spread the egg mixture evenly onto the dish.
- Bake uncovered for 55 to 60 minutes or until the eggs are set. If the top starts to brown too rapidly, tent it with foil.
How to Store Leftover Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg Bake Recipe:
Cooked Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage casserole may be refrigerated for three to four days if kept properly. To enhance the safety and quality of the casserole’s shelf life, store individual portions in shallow airtight containers or securely wrap the entire dish in heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
Although the morning sausage casserole from Jimmy Dean has a rather short shelf life when frozen, it may be securely stored in the freezer for up to two months without the flavor deteriorating significantly.
Tips For Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg Bake Recipe:
- Dry bread will hold up better in the casserole and offer more structure, which is why this recipe often calls for “day-old” bread.
- Add some caramelized onion! If you prefer onion instead of onion powder, sauté some white onion in a small amount of olive oil over medium heat, then add the sausage to the pan as the onion browns.
- If desired, pepper should be added at serving. If applied before cooking, black pepper can turn eggs into a distasteful shade of gray.
What to serve with Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg Bake Recipe?
This casserole is suitable for breakfast, supper, or as an appetizer. Cooked rice is the finest side dish for Jimmy Dean morning sausage casserole. You may create rice with picante chicken sauce and serve it with sausage casserole, or you can just make a fresh salad like cucumber or tomato salad to go with it.
We hope you like the Jimmy Dean Sausage Egg Bake Recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!