If you are looking for a snack that can go with a morning cup of coffee or calm your evening hunger, then Mayo Banana Bread can be best for you. Banana bread made with mayonnaise remains moist for days. This bread is shelf-stable. So let’s look at the Mayo Banana Bread recipe resulting in the best, moist, sweet banana bread.
The banana bread would be a wonderful addition to any event or present for a neighbor or friend. It may be readily prepared days before serving. It comes out without much effort, and you can even eat them for days without them being spoiled.
Let’s jump right into the recipe for Mayo Banana Bread Recipe.
Mayo Banana Bread Recipe
This banana bread is incredible. Add a half cup of chocolate chips for a truly extravagant treat. This bread is very fluffy and moist due to the mayonnaise.
Let’s know the whole Mayo Banana Bread Recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 10 Minutes
- Cook: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Total: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 bananas
- 1 egg
- ¾ c sugar
- ¼ c mayonnaise
- 1.5 c all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ c chocolate chips or nuts (optional)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, mash bananas, then add mayonnaise, egg, vanilla, and sugar. Combine these in a separate dish. Combine the two, then. It will be a touch of lumpy, but that’s good.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- If using a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, spread parchment paper so that it hangs over the sides. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 1 to 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Check after 60 minutes by inserting a toothpick to check whether it comes out clean.
- You don’t want to overbake it, so remove it, place it on a cooling rack, and wait until it’s cold enough to pull off the paper with the loaf on it and slice.
- Leaving it in the pan allows it to continue baking and hardening the center. This helps to keep it wet.
- Tip: For making muffins, fill muffin liners three-quarters of the way and bake for 23 minutes, or until the middle springs back when lightly pressed.
How to Store Leftover Mayo Banana Bread Recipe:
Refrigerating sweet loaves dry them out. If you have leftovers, simply wrap them in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer bag. Let it out for up to three days, and enjoy one slice every day. Do not slice it until you are ready to consume it.
Tips For Mayo Banana Bread Recipe:
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the mixture if you want to spice it up.
- While the cake is still warm, spread peanut butter over the top and allow it to drip down the edges.
- What if you don’t have any mayonnaise on hand? Mix together a few eggs and some sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Extra bananas should be avoided since they might make the bread overly thick.
- Inspect your bread at least 10 minutes before it is done baking.
This was all about the Mayo Banana Bread Recipe. The recipe is easy to make, but you need to keep checking until it is properly baked. You don’t want to overbake it as it can make it hard and dry. The banana bread will be best for your morning or evening cup of coffee. Enjoy!
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!