Sometimes you just want to indulge in something sweet but don’t want to buy the packaged sweets. So why not make your own sweet that has chocolate on the outside and caramel on the inside? Sounds delicious, right? That’s a Salted Caramel Chocolate Bar for you.
These chocolate caramel bars are ideal for potlucks, office parties, holidays, or simply as a delightful snack. These may be made in advance and will stay good for up to two weeks in the refrigerator and one month in the freezer.
Let’s jump right into the Salted Caramel Chocolate Bar Recipe.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Bar Recipe
Some delicacies are so comfortable that they become family favorites that are repeated month after month, year after year. And salted caramel chocolate bars are one of them. These will become your family’s favorite if you make them once. These triple-layer squares are quick and easy to create, with three layers of sweetness to satisfy your sweet taste.
Let’s know the whole Salted Caramel Chocolate Bar Recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Chilling Time: mins
- Total: 55 mins
- 10 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9-by-9-inch baking sheet with cooking spray and parchment paper; leave aside.
- Combine the flour, melted butter, and sugar in a mixing bowl for the bottom shortbread layer.
- Press the bottom of a measuring cup or clean fingertips into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove to cool.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, & the corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat to make the caramel for the center layer.
- While whisking, bring the mixture to a boil and then decrease the heat to a simmer. Stirring constantly, simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat, then pour over the bottom layer of shortbread. Reserve to cool and solidify. Alternatively, you may chill for fifteen minutes.
- For the top chocolate layer, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on low power, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate is just melted.
- Drizzle chocolate on top of the caramel layer and sprinkle sea salt on top. Cool well prior to slicing into squares.
- When slicing, ensure that the bars are chilled but not so cold that the chocolate covering will crack.
- Enjoy and fill your sweet tooth!
How to Store LeftoverSalted Caramel Chocolate Bar:
These bite-sized squares may be prepared in advance & stored in the refrigerator for up to fourteen days. You might also freeze it in a jar that seals well and keep it frozen for up to two months.
Tips For Salted Caramel Chocolate Bar Recipe:
- Wait until the chocolate has almost entirely set before adding the salt; otherwise, the salt will melt into the chocolate.
- The use of silicone bakeware for this recipe facilitates removal from the pan. Using a silicone pan, the bars may be removed from the pan without breaking or sticking.
This was all about the Salted Caramel Chocolate Bar Recipe. The way we prepared it is simplest, and you don’t need to make it as a filling bar. These tasty three-layered Caramel Chocolate bars will fulfill your sweet tooth. You can even store them for days and eat them whenever you want to.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!